Re: MESSAGE FOR KIRKLEES MUSIC

Variations on an Enigma cost =A357. This seems to be about par for the cours
these days for test pieces. Concerto No1 was =A380, which is  a bit OTT, and
 we
are still waiting for the eratta, not that we will ever play it again anyway
.
Dove Descending was =A368.

On the other hand, a set for a typical concert item will only cost =A310 or
=A320, and even something as substantial as a test piece, eg Peterloo Overtu
re
is only =A330.  Also of course we might even be able to use these more than
once.

Perhaps I am a bit of a cynic but the words  test piece and captive market
seem to connect somehow.

Finally, since I seem to have switched into moaning mode, why are there neve
enough percussion parts with a set? There are probably parts for half a doze
big instruments, and even more small ones and you get 2 parts, or 3 if you
are lucky.

Colin McHardy
Timpani and Treasurer
Whitburn