Re: Music Publishing Costs

In a message dated 08/12/99 21:00:10 GMT Standard Time, moeligou@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< Just reading the "Kirklees" thing and wondered if there is anyone out there
 who might actually be able to tell me how the split between The
 Composer/Arranger,Publisher,printer,retailer, Copyright Owner etc works, ie
 in percentage terms what would each expect to receive as a portion of the
 total end cost to the purchaser of say a one A4 size sheet per part full
 score?  >>

hi

in answer to your question i would like to bring to the attention of listees
that i have the misfortune of having one of my arrangements published by a
very well known BB publishing company, and as to date (its been out about 7
years now) I have not received a penny from them.

I would also like to add that the company who now publish my music has been
very kind and offered me a very good deal with which I am very happy.  They
also keep me informed as to number sold and any interest in my music.
(Thanks Nigel)

I suppose the moral of the story is that you must be careful as with anything
in life.  It may be that no one has purchaced my music and that is why I have
received nothing from that company.   I know one thing though, I won't make
the same mistake again, and they won't be publishing any more of my stuff.

regards to all

John Davis