Mark Freeh - Holiday For Trombones

Hi there folk's

It's interesting that this topic of trombone trio's should arise again on this
list only a few months after it was raised by Steve Anker from Brackley And
District Band.  There was a healthy and vigorous response last time and one of
the respondee's was Prof. Henry Howey who mentioned a trio called 'Concerto
Grosso In Style Barocco'.  Mr. Howey sent me the score, in a giant e-mail, and I
must say the whole thing looks very interesting indeed.  Scored in the baroque
style and in three movements it looks like it is intended for the 'serious'
concert as it would obviously take some sorting out and would need a fairly
useful first trombone player as the part is quite lofty.

However - I also noticed during that thread that fellow listee, Mark Freeh, also
intimated that he had an arrangement of Holiday For Trombones, so after many
attempts to him directly, and to his publisher, Bert Wiley, I have managed to
buy a set of parts and the GUS Band will be giving it what I suspect is it's
debut performance in this country on January 16th, 2000 at Bedworth Civic Hall
at 7.30p.m.  box office - 01203 376707.

Colin Randle GUS Band - www.BrassBand.cwc.net