RE: Percussion parts - was: MESSAGE FOR KIRKLEES MUSIC

I think the point being made is that there should be duplicate copies of
each part provided for the very fact that there are 17+ instruments being
used.

We wouldn't want to see, for example, a player moving his part from the
Glockenspiel stand to the Xylo stand and then to the vibes stand with the
inherent risk of knocking sticks etc all over the place (funny though it is
to watch this sort of behaviour when it's not your band!!)

I suppose the other option is just to copy enough parts for each stand! Oh
no I can see another dodgy mail coming from music publishers!!

Richard Dyson
richard.dyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx