Re: Percussion parts - was: MESSAGE FOR KIRKLEES MUSIC

In a message dated 09/12/99 20:58:42 GMT Standard Time, tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

> (if I remember rightly, Dances and Arias requires 17
>  separate pieces of percussion), but only 3 can be played simultaneously!

To do the Dances and Arias tom tom/xylo etc part sensibly (ie without running
between instruments with your part in your hand) I need at least three
separate copies of the music. And incidentally, most percussionists can play
more than one instrument at the same time :-)

Paul Williams
SWT Woodfalls