Re: Percussion parts

I agree with the opinion of needing more parts for the percussionists, it
can be hell trying to run around and fit all the parts in.
I think that the most annoying thing in most of the music now is that they
will give you three parts and there will be , say, a tambourine part on all
of them which could easily be played by one person as it is just a
continuous part. There is a lot of music where this happens, I think it
would be so much easier to have, say a tuned part a timp part and then a
woodblock and tambourine or whatever, instead of mixing them all up so we
are running round like crazy trying to get to each different instrument, it
seems common sense to me !

Jos
Percussionist, Marple