Royalties?

Having difficulty receiving royalties etc is not uncommon it seems.
I remember Morley Calvert telling me he constantly had to check with
publishers to see that he received what he was due.
Once I mentioned to him that I had ordered a recording
from Germany of the Berlin Philharmonic Brass Quintet which I was
quite surprised to find had recorded his Quintet
"Suite from the Monteregian Hills". His first statement was
"Funny I haven't received a royalty payment."
He was flattered they recorded it but wanted the record companies
information so he could track down the royalty.
Other companies paid fairly and regularly but had very weird
business sense. Berandol sold literally piles of the Monteregian
quintet but had no copies on hand of Morley's other 2 quintets.
Nor did they make much attempt to market them.

Graham Young
gyoung@xxxxxxxx
Symphony Hamilton
Weston Silver Band