Re: Percussion parts

josrobbo69@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I think that the most annoying thing in most of the music now is that they
>  will give you three parts and there will be, say, a tambourine part on all
>  of them which could easily be played by one person as it is just a
>  continuous part

Quite agree. Some of the organisation of percussion in test pieces is a
disgrace and is down right shoddy. Also, publishers fail to get even the
basic things right like page turns. Surely, in this day of Sibelius 7 you can
get everything perfect with relative ease and it just seems that some
publishers can't be bothered or don't take enough pride in their work. If I'd
had written similar parts for my degree compositions I would have failed.

Paul Williams
SWT Woodfalls