Re: Percussion parts

With the music we publish all the percussion lines are printed on one part, then
we ship three copies. The downside that the percussion part often seems to be A3
is more than offset by actually being playable. Probably my excursion into
percussion with IMPS then Carlton Main gave me an insight into how percussion
parts *should* be typeset, having been just a horn player before then. I am yet
to see this put into practice by any other arranger/publisher combination.

Mack and Mabel was mentioned earlier in a different thread. That part is
notoriously badly written requiring 2 or three photocopies. Even then playing
the parts is like playing a game of twister. It is playable by 3 players but a
difficult job is made worse with the music as supplied. A little thought by the
arranger and/or publisher would have ironed this out before it went to print.

-Nigel