Re: Copyright, Kirklees etc

Martin,
I believe you make pure sense in your reply.
On another and similar subject, I pretty well flatly refuse to lend out my
collection of CD's for the very same reason.
I invested the money in them. I bought them with the full understanding that I
was hoping to help some band as well.
It annoys me to no end to know of people who go around and borrow discs, tapes
etc and copy them prior to returning them.
I also as a matter of fact, let people know why I will not lend my CD's out. (My
wife stated that the last count I had about 1,500 CD's. At an average of $25.00
a pop Cdn, you can imagine that we could have taken a trip or two for the price
of my collection but that is another story.
It seems to me, that musicians appear to believe that they are not affected by
copyright rules. At least some of them.
Just my own humble opinion for what it is worth.
Larry White
Vancouver BC