RE: Help With Broken Chords?

Bill

If your wife plays the notes written for you on piano and figures out the
chords from there then there is no need to transpose.

It will sound one tone higher when she plays it. Bb instruments are pitched
one tone higher than piano. If she plays Bb and you play C it will sound the
same. If you were to play music with her then you have to transpose up one
tone but because she is working out the chords based on your written part,
then there is no need to transpose.

Hope that's clearer than mud.

TiBaR (:-)}
Bairnsdale or the Bush

If I get my wife to figure out the chords by playing my part on the
piano can I use her chords on a Bb instrument or do I need to transpose
her chords?