Christmas Concert plug

The Cuyahoga Valley Brass Band is hosting its first ever Christmas concert.

A Celebration of Christmas
Featuring the Cuyahoga Valley Brass Band under the direction of Dr. Keith
Wilkinson and the GlenOak High School Chorale under the direction of Me.
Brian Keiffer
December 18, 1999
7:30pm
Umstattd Performing Arts Hall
2323 17th St. NW
Canton, Ohio
Tickets $10.00 each
Proceeds benefit the Canton area Salvation Army

Because Cuyahoga Valley BB is the only brass band on our part of Ohio, we
draw our memebership from a huge area.  Some people drive 2+ hours each way
to rehearsal.   Phil and I are the only band members who actually live in
Canton, and by coincidence, 2 major concerts were scheduled here within 6
weeks - and the arrangements have fallen to us by virtue of living close by.
We had a blast hosting Russel Gray on November 7th in a beautiful 1920's
restored theater, and this week we do "A Celebration of Christmas".  We
spent the last several months getting everything arranged.  I had no idea
there was so much involved in putting on concerts!

We're exhausted, but the details are set for an enjoyable evening.  We are
playing a selection of holiday music, including sing along carols for the
audience.  Then our MD threw in Farr's "Indiana Jones and the Temple of
Doom" - not exactly a holiday favorite, but its a great piece.  (I haven't
quite figured that one out. - what's up Keith?)  The choir is performing the
last movement from Pinkham's Christmas Cantata with brass accompianment from
the band, a selection of carols, and will finish with the Hallelujah Chorus.
Anyone in the area, please join us.

Mary Ellen Lathrop
2nd horn & overworked VP
Cuyahoga Valley Brass Band