Karratha and Cylones (no band content)

I am not usually into this sort of posting on a mailing list, but after
many mails of concern, (which I am very grateful for) it seems it would
be easier to post on here. If you don't want to know - then please
switch off now.

The cyclone season runs in North West Western Australia from November to
April. Cyclones are graded from 1 up to 5 depending on severity and we
have been watching 'John" since last weekend. Towns and communities are
given appropriate alerts as follows:

Blue alert - a cyclone could hit within 48 hours.
Yellow alert - a cyclone is imminent and is likely to hit within 21
hours.
Red alert - a cyclone is coming for ya!!!

Having been on previous alerts, we went on to Red at 9pm Tuesday night
and were expecting the eye to hit at 7am the following morning. I went
to bed at 1am and it was 80km away aiming straight for Karratha. Many
people in Karratha had been evacuated as tides were expected of 12
metres. If that had happened, most of the town would have been under
water.

Shortly after that, John took an unexpected diversion and actually
crossed the coastline at Whim Creek which is about 100km North of
Karratha.

We suffered very strong winds and some rain, but nothing compared to
Whim Creek who had 290kmh winds.

If any of you want to know anymore, please mail me privately to save
clogging the list of unsuitable junk.

Once again, many thanks for concern shown by listees.

Monkey