Re: Athletic Percussion

In message <000201bf4734$f02b3c20$2c123c3e@default>,
ColinThomasBrassBandConductor <ColinThomasBrassBandConductor@xxxxxxxxxxx
o.uk> writes
>I seem to remember a workshop some time back with Simone Robello where she
>stated that as soon as the percussion section got their music the planned
>the lay out of the kit and who played what when.
>It took time to work out  but as a rule it worked reasonably well so that
>marathon training wasn't needed before a contest or concert.

My point exactly.

If, arguably, the finest brass band percussionist in the world can get
by with 3 parts and a bit of simple planning why can't the rest of us?

The publishers have us by the b***s anyway - imagine what sort of
increases they'd put on the price of a band set if it contained 8 or 10
percussion parts rather than the usual 2 or 3?
--
Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.