Re: Help With Broken Chords?

Thanks Dai,
Yours has been the best advice up till date and I will start searching for the
Salvation Army stuff today. Might have a bit of a tough time though since there
seems to be very little SA activity in this area.
I'm really sorry your band folded and I'm surprised because brass bands seem to
be going through a renaissance with lot's of funding.
In fact, I'm amazed that the miners bands are still going long after the
collierys have closed down.
And I am especially saddened that in a great musical country like Wales real
music makers are going down the tube.
As you know I'm just returning to real music again and I'm playing in a great
band even though I have to sit in front of and be deafened by the timpani and
those damned kettle drums (I think that's what they are!).
The main thing is: they are kind to me and encourage me!
Re: the stolen instruments.
I don't know what to think since I cannot imagine the average person being able
to afford a tuba.
(If I could find one, I'd make a still out of it) But seriously, it's a shame
and we too have a police problem and I often wonder where their priorities lie.
It seems to me the theft of musical instruments are being considered a
victimless crime but don't get caught with a little marijuana. (thank goodness
for a spell checker, not only have I ever smoked it,  let alone spelled it!)
A friend of mine was telling me that when he once worked in a music store it
wasn't a rare occasion when some low life would walk in and try to sell them one
of their own instruments that had been rented out!
Did you inform your local music dealers of the theft and better still look for
the missing instruments in their stores!
A few yours ago I heard the Welsh whiskey was being made again (better check the
distilleries for modified tubas!!).
Got to go now Dave and thanks for your continuing help.
BillW