Results Belgian nationals (fwd)

Here the results held on the 28 November 1999, albeit incomplete.

Top Section (testpiece: Montague - P. Graham)
1. Brassband Willebroek    (Frans Violet - 569/600 - own choice Between the Moon
and Mexico)
2. Brassband Midden-Brabant    (Benny Wiame - 568/600 - own choice Between the
Moon and Mexico)
3. Brassband Union Buizingen    (Luc Vertommen - ? - own choice Essence of Time)

4. Kortrijk Brassband    (Lieven Maertens - ? - own choice Paganini Variations)

1st Section (testpiece: Variations for brassband - Vaughan Williams)
1. Metropole Brassband    (Phillip McCann - 518/600 - own choice Paganini
Variations)
2. Noord-Limburg    (Luc Beckers - 510/600 - ?)
3. ?
4. ?

2nd Section (testpiece Simfonietta - Joseph Horovitz)
1. Brassband Campine    (Frans Violet    537/600 own choice Prisms)

Adjudicators were James Scott (GB), Bram Gay (GB) and Jappie Dijkstra (Nl).
They were in separated boxes and each giving their marks on 100 points for a
test piece and again for an own choice.
The top section was very close again as last year, now Willebroek getting away
with 1 point.
I do not know the right scores per adjudicator exactly, but 2 of the 3
adjudicators declared Willebroek as the winners on both pieces, and the other
one gave quite low scores for Willebroek, by which they almost lost it.

My band (Metropole) was happy getting Phillip McCann as a guest conductor, and
promoting to top section.
Personally, it will be nice to compete next year with my previous fellow bands
Willebroek and Midden-Brabant.

I guess the full results with the marks of each adjudicator will appear soon on
the Brassband World site, or maybe somebody else has the full details?
I am certainly looking forward to know who was the famous third man in the box.

By the way, it is by now official that the European Brassband Championship 2002
will be held at Brussels.

Cheers,
Edy