Re: Help With Broken Chords?

Hi Bill, nice to hear from you. If you want any more music for two of you I
suggest you get the Salvation Army Music Publications International
catalogue (they have centres all over the world).  Fred and I bought their
solo cornet and 2nd cornet Band Tune Books and now have a repertoire of near
900 hymns to play.  Recently  BBC TV here in the U.K. announced that the
hymn "How Great Thou Art" has been chosen as the most popular hymn of the
century; we found it in our S.A. bands and it sounds great. (even with only
a cornet and flugel).  We use it to start our carol concerts and seems to go
down well.  The only problem with the S.A. hymns is that a lot are in four
flats, and I have a helluva job remembering that Db fingering !    Regarding
Welsh bands...in the main they are flourishing....Cory, Tredegar,Park and
Dare, etc. are all doing well.  Here in North Wales the little town of
Beaumaris has two good bands.  Fred and I visited the place a couple of
weeks ago to play some carols and travelling home though the island we
wondered about calling ourselves the
LLANFAIRPWLLGWYNGYLLWYRNDROBWLL-LLANDDYSILIOGOGOGOCH Silver Band ....but
decided against the idea as we would have no wind left after announcing
ourselves !   To be serious .....to any bandsmen out there nearing
retirement , and who gave up banding years ago....I would advise them to
"have a go" again. There is no need to spend a fortune on
instruments........and my colleague and I are now enjoying playing MORE than
we did in our banding days.  We play what we please, when we like.....and
don,t have to worry about damn contests.  It is more satisfying to entertain
say 30 folk who are appreciative than try to win the approval of an
adjudicator.   We did go to a recent contest....but I'm ashamed to say I
nodded off a few times......and sitting close to the "tent" I'm sure I could
hear some snorring sounds. !     Good luck with the carol concert Bill.
Happy Christmas wherever you are.   Dai (Welsh but can,t speak the lingo
ashamed to say).  p.s. Fred has tried the Welsh Whiskey but we prefer the
ding dong BELL,s .