Re: Learner bands - West Midlands

At the risk of being a teeny bit contentious, just because a band is
non-contesting, doesnt mean that it is a learner band.  Although of
course that can be the case, but I know of contesting bands that are
learner bands too (if thats what a band who encourages new brass
players is called) and pick the team for the competition like football
teams at school.  Thinking about it a bit, arent all bands learner
bands?  You never stop learning (I hope).  Anyhow, I am sure the chap
will find a seat.  He'd be welcome to visit us except we're in the
East Midlands and the M42 car park can be a pain.

Steve Larwood, Euphonium
Melbourne Town Band