Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

I would like to wish all listmembers the compliments of the season and as we
look to the new year, may:
i) all your rehearsals be well attended, with credible reasons given by all
absentees.
ii) all your concerts be well attended, even including some people who aren't
directly related to band members.
iii) all your contest adjudications be fair (although the odd jammy good
result does a band's morale no harm).
iv) one or two high class players walk into your bandrooms to fill those
vacancies no later than 6 weeks before the Area Contest (particularly if they
are percussionists).
v) all your concert and contest secretaries realise, occasionally, that band
members have partners, families, jobs and other interests and therefore don't
want band jobs every weekend throughout the summer and rehearsals every night
for a fortnight before a contest.
vi) we go one whole calendar month on this list without the reappearance of
the increasingly tired 'down with baritones' thread.
vii) Wussbrass march triumphantly round Saddleworth on Whit Friday, hopefully
bumping into Dave Sheedy and Cyberbrass for a drink on the way.
viii) all those listmembers who I bump into at contests and similar
gatherings greet me with 'what would you like to drink then Martyn' (and at
6'9'' you surely can't miss me).

All the Best

Big Chap
Bedrock Brass