Re: Athletic Percussion

>" The other point that some of us where making is that it doesn't matter
how
> organised you are. If the parts are badly organised or unplayable we are
> still faced with the prospect of rewriting them at our own expense which
is
> unacceptable when considering the costs of band sets (Isiah 40 springs to
> mind)."

> Paul Williams
> SWT Woodfalls

what is the point of whinging about it, its all part of the job, i am a
percussionist and ive won national championships, and i dont mind getting
down and writing extra parts for fellow percussionists in my section, in
fact, i enjoy it, the only key to percussion is perfection, maybe not all
the time because noone is perfect but, if you are there to do a job, do it
well, do what is required of the position and further more enjoy what comes
out of it, if this isnt you and you cant run an effeicient percussion
section, or you cant help others who are trying to run it for you, then you
most certainly shouldnt be there, and further more you shouldnt call
yourself a percussionist, maybe take up a brass instrument, then you can
whinge, make jokes about percussion, drink all the milk at break time and do
no work at all. (Sounds Perfect for some of the percussionists who have
complained about this situation) as the motto goes " S*^T Happens - deal
with it."