Re: Converting EEb Bass

A friend of mine has been playing Bb Bass since the age of 7.  When he
got big enough so that he didn't have to sit on 8 chairs to play, but
still not big enough to hold it all by himself, his Dad made him a stand
like the one Hilary talks of.  It was just the feet part of a music
stand with a curved block of wood on top, coated with foam rubber.  It
did the job and cost a lot less than 85 quid!

As for altering the lead pipe on the instrument, I'd steer well clear.
2 problems, first, the affect it could have on tuning and how the
instrument blows.  It's a massive job, and something I wouldn't put in
the hands of an instrument repairer, no matter how impressive their
pedigree.  Secondly, you'll be stuck with a completely useless Eb bass
if, 5 years down the line, your band has two 6 footers on Eb bass!

Tim
--
Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.
http://www.fylde.demon.co.uk/sov/sov.htm