Re: Improving an "iffy" band

Hi Ed. Thanks for the thoughtful response! I
especially liked the "fertilizing versus weeding"
analogy> When I joined the group 6 years ago, I spent
the first six months screwing around, gossiping, not
practicing, etc. Then something just hit me and I
decided to really work on being the best that I could
be. I want to have the same sort of thing happen to
the rest of the group. I'd rather not get all
draconian about it. For one thing, it's not my place.
I'm just the 1st trombonist, after all.

Well, I need to think some more about this, obviously.
Maybe leading by example will help; auditions
certainly would!

Thanks again. Donna

=====
Donna M. Lafferty