RE: Tuning/Intonation & second baritone stuff

Who said this list was boring?

Baritone is the bridge between the horns and Euphs
By the way did you know that the Microsoft spell checker
suggested "Oafs" as the correct spelling for "Euphs"?
Should be a top player on both Bari parts with the leftovers
on EEb bass and bass trombone.
I'm working on some arrangements
That feature the lighter baritone as a solo section
rather than as an also ran to the thick sounding Euphs.
Rather than always pairing the baris with the Euphs
a rather nice sound would be a pair of horns and Baris.

We had no 2nd Baitone at all for a while and nobody noticed.
When we brought a player in who needed a lot of
practice the complaints were many.
In a good band everybody plays well and ewvery part is important.
Graham Young
gyoung@xxxxxxxx
Symphony Hamilton
Weston Silver Band