Ancient tenor horn

Hello Rod. Thanks for your reply. The instrument doesn't have H.P. on it
anywhere. I am able to play in the band O.K. There are no signs of it being
adapted at all. Apparently it is not a brass band instrument even though it
is a tenor horn.( I think only brass bands used high pitch. Is that right? )
I t has been suggested that it was a cavalry instrument and that is why it
is low pitch. It is interesting to know it's approximate age though. Regards
Kaye.