Re: "iffy band"

Obviously I did not make myself completely clear. No leader wants to push people
out of a band. But when months of effort, coaching encouragement etc result in
nothing but bad destructive playing, something must be done. Allowing some band
members to seriously hurt the efforts of the majority of a band will in my
experience either result in bad morale at best or a lowering of general
standards and effort. This is a last resort but sometimes a necessary one. I
enjoy bands as a social club too but I enjoy a serious effort at achievement
even more, even if the mark is sometimes missed.

Happy New Year.

Dave.