Re: Grand Sheild

Yes,

It was the area test piece in the early 80's. British Open ??? in the 50's.

Its based of a piano piece written by the composer some years earlier.

The last variation, I think its called Lament, is a bit of a swine from what
I remember...Cornet and Euphonium duet in unison....

Yet another 4th place at the area for Brodsworth

Good luck with it. I think its a bit basic but what do I know

Andy Lincoln B.A. (hons)
BBb Tuba Yorkshire Cooperatives Band
BBb Tuba Fargate Brass
EEb Tuba Regency Brass Quintet