Variations on a Shining River

Hi Tony
With regard to Variations on a Shining River having played, Conducted
and Adjudicated it, for me its a great piece and not used enough its
very difficult, ask Soprano's and Euph's as well as solo cornets in
other words a great test for all soloists, as well as very delicate
handling by the Conductor with some beautiful ensemble playing, but then
I'm one of the OLD School I am equally sure that some of the younger
players who like the BIG BANG lots of fireworks pieces won't agree with
me, but one thing for sure  - it will sort out the BEST BANDS.
Regards
Colin Hardy