Commitment( Was David W )

Yes my life is too busy because I spend half of it in other parts of the
world. My other commitment is work.
If all bands required 100% commitment then I suspect only half of them
would survive.
Its nice to play in a band of a high standard even if not everyone is there
all the time. I would rather do this than play in a poorer standard full
band. I feel lucky that my band allow me to play Sop as it is a fairly
important part and although I try to arrange work around engagements it is
not always possible, so I miss a fair number of practices.I often use my
annual holiday for the Area Contest !. I am not the only one in our band who
has this problem so it is tolerated by us all, and as a result we have
returned to the Championship Section this year.
I would hardly say we are tormented...
We are a band of Professionals who play for a hobby, not a Band of
Professional Players !!!!

Gerry.  Sop DHB   ( When I'm not flying Jumbo Jets )