Dating a Cornet

Here's a bit of a puzzle for anyone who can help:- Tonight I took my
Trombone in to a local repairer to have the slide
straightened. Afterwards, we had a look round his workshop, where I
spotted an interesting looking cornet on the wall. Upon enquiring about
it, he gave it to me free. It seems pretty old, but I can't find
information on it. Here's the details:-

It's marked

P.DELACY
MAKER
84 HOLLAND ROAD
BRIXTON
LONDON.
& PARIS

on the bell, amidst much floral engraving, which covers the entire
instrument. It has 3 top-sprung valves, and requires a shank as well as
the mouthpiece, although this whole section looks as if it might have been
replaced at some time(it's a little battered and somewhat leaky). I can't
find a serial number on it unless the number 84, inscribed on a strange
little straight piece of metal (with a little slotted protrusion on the
bottom) that joins the main tubing near the water key to the base of the
3rd valve is a serial.

Any help would be appreciated;
Thanks,
Dave Taylor