Re: Trombone solo?

----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Walker <Walker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Nigel Horne <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Monday, January 03,
2000 8:10 AM
Subject: Trombone solo?

> When I was a lad there was a fun trombone solo called "In cellar cool".
> It was intended to mimic a person getting drunk with lots of slurrung
> and sliding towards the end.
> Something like the Russian piece "The drunken monk".
> Is it still around,  perhaps under another name?
> BillW

Hi list, a lurker has decided to come out.

I have an old copy of the piano score for this solo.  On the cover is
written  " A G Simpson, Oct 1909, Kneller Hall" .  Can any one on the list
tell me about the person, or more about the solo?  Kneller Hall is/was a
military musical training school was it not?

Any information will be appreciated.

Dave Barrett - dbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Revelstoke B.C.
Canada