Bb to C

Has any of the list tried converting a Bb instrument to C.
I have the opportunity to pickup an old beat-up horn for a discount
price and I'd like to try a conversion.
Is it just a matter of shortening the main slide?
Gerry Whitlow had me interested when he implied his cat could build
pocket cornets....................... wonder if your cat is still
available or has it been snatched up by neophyte instrument builders?
But seriously is my modification practical?
Yes, I can do metal work.
BillW