Re: "iffy band"

> >From: "Kees & Michelle Dogger" <dogger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >I don't know about the merits of trying to put people on the spot with the
> >aim of having them leave the band - even if D Buckley feels it may be for
> >the good of the band.

Lloyd said....

> I couldn't agree more  ... what is a band but the people in it?  and for
> who's good are we talking if not theirs?

I can see both points of view here. I think we need to look at one of the
principal aims of a band. Question - is the band here to provide everybody with
pleasure or is it here to try and be the best?

If the answer is the former, then of course you don't want to be upsetting
people. As long as everybody has a good time doing what they are doing then all
is well. Of course you want to encourage, encourage, encourage....

For the latter - well you can't drag players along who are not up to scratch.
You are not going to reach the top by being everybody's best friend.

Apologies if this reply is a bit behind the news. Just back from hols (including
a few beers with Mick Wheeler in Cairns) and catching up with what's been
happening.

Monkey