Re: Sore chops

One of the tips I picked up at the Brass Band Winter School (apart from
don't forget your paper clip) was that Arnica cream is good for your
chops...  it's some homeopathic stuff, possibly for bruises, so good for
battered lips at least, such as you get from playing almost non-stop from
Friday evening to Sunday afternoon when you haven't played since Christmas
eve...

Apparently quite a few of the "top chaps" use it.

I suggest you check whether you should put it on cracked lips or not before
you do!

Jud (worn-out flugel)