RE: Bb to C

HI, Bill

I have done it, with some success.  It's a little hard to judge the success
due to the poor quality of the sacrificial victims I did the coversion to.

You need to shorten the main tuning slide by about 3 to 4 inches, the
easiest place to do this is at the tuning slide.  Cut 1.5 to 2 inches or so
off of each piece of the main tuning slide.

Then you need to shorten each valve slide a proportionate amount.  I don't
remember exactly how much I did, but you can calculate it, or measure
another C trumpet.

It is important to make the cuts clean, and not to get filings into the
valves, unless you clean them out very well.

Measure twice, cut once...  it is better to cut too little off than too
much...  Try it on a dud trumpet before you do a good one.

I hope this helps!

Guy Clark