Nerves

Colin Randle wrote...

>Just got back from a concert given by the Brass Band Winter
>School at Silsoe College, Bedfordshire this afternoon......
>....  The band, under Roy Newsome, played really well too
> - and I'm sure I spotted at least one listee playing away - scary really!

You did and it was!!

Which brings me onto the subject (hopefully not already done to death on
this list...) of performance nerves.  How does one stop oneself getting the
fear?!  and more to the point, once one has it, how does one stop ones hands
shaking?  I can handle the dry mouth and sweaty palms (I had those too) but
the shakes just spoil your performance.  (No I hadn't had too much beer the
night before and yes I could play it in rehearsal....)

All tips gratefully received.

Jud - Scaredy Flugel