Re: Ideas, please!

Julie, one other idea we had I forgot to write in that last email, when I
wrote about the cook books.

Two Christmases ago we had a "Buy the Band a Stand for Christmas" Appeal.
Had a very unique flyer go out with our newsletter, and explained how the
band was in desperate need of new music stands.  Basically for $25, we would
get a new stand, and the person would get a year of newsletters, plus a free
concert ticket and their name would be in the next concert program.

We ended up buying 17 new mean looking black music stands out of that money,
and the band bought the rest.  They look great.

Even Rod (Grandad) here from the list donated to the band all the way from
England.  Thank you once again Grandad for that !

Carol
Footscray-Yarraville City Band
Melbourne Australia
www.users.bigpond.com/carollee

PS:  For those of you not yet on the Rogues Gallery and if you want to send
your picture, the instructions are on the site -
www.users.bigpond.com/carollee/wizzt.html