Re: To BL or not to BL

On the point of how many hearings you need to start to like a new work, I
still remember vividly the first performance of Cloudcatcher Fells that I
heard - mesmerising (and Leyland were very unlucky not to win the nationals
on that performance too!).
A couple of other pieces that I took to straight away, and would guess many
of you loath, are the Wilson Sinfonietta and Chromascope.
There are also plenty that no matter how many times I play them, will never
"grow" on me! Strange how many of those were especially commissioned for the
nationals (Music for A Brass band & Masque spring to mind).

At the end of the day, we all have different tastes, after all, how else can
the success of the Spice Girls be explained?

Andy