Re: To BL or not to BL

Alec Gallagher wrote:

> I wonder whether it is less a case of people not *liking* this sort of
> music, and more of them simply lacking the intellectual stamina to make an
> objective judgement on its quality.

You could have a point there Alec. The following statement is not meant to be
derogative at all but do we mostly agree that 'us' bandsmen are generally down
to earth working class people?

That being the case, I would strongly suspect that not very many would venture
into 'posher' mediums such as 20th Century concerts by string ensembles, wind
ensembles, opera and so on. Bandspeople are involved in brass bands because they
like brass bands, not because they are lovers of a wide range of mediums.

As I said initially, this is not meant to be putting bandies down so don't be
getting your flame throwers out, just trying to say that maybe we don't like
these 'avant gard' things 'cos we don't understand them and don't want to for
that matter!

Monkey

Did that come out right???