Re: To BL or not to BL

> Alec Gallagher wrote:
>
> I've met a quite a large number of
> > bandsmen over the years who seem almost proud to admit that they never
> > listen to brass bands outside of their own, and that they don't own any band
> > CDs, and I bet I'm not the only one.

I rest my case!

Larry White said...

> Could this be because they were introduced to it while at a tender age either
> through school or through an older relative?
> Once you get 'hooked' you do miss the commaderie if you end up on the outside of
> things.
> I also think that they also get interested in other things such as family......

Could have a point there Larry. As we all know, banding is a very ......what's the
word.......incestuous.....inhibitive....'in-house'???? Dunno if my long words are
the right ones, but I'm sure you get what I mean.

Again, I'm not saying this is wrong, merely trying to offer an explanation as to why
'way out' stuff doesn't go down well with band people.

Monkey