Re: Contest Music by Wilfrid Heaton

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Morrison <alan-morrison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 January 2000 21:20
Subject: Contest Music by Wilfrid Heaton

How can we expect prominent composers to write for
>us, when we treat them in the way Elgar Howarth was treated for BL? ....

Or how Howarth was treated for Fireworks... or Vinter for Spectrum...or
Simpson for
Energy...or McCabe for Images...or Tchaikovsky for the 1st Piano
Concerto...or Stravinsky for The Rite of Spring...etc etc etc etc ad
nauseam....

I suppose there's still hope!

Alec

PS Was anyone else surprised at Robert Simpson's failure even to make the
long list in the (UK) Brass Band World magazine's Millennium Hall of Fame?
(or am I the only person who reads that august journal?)  I thought he had
contributed considerably more to brass bands than several of the other
nominations, some of whom I had never even heard.