Re: To BL or not to BL

To add a rather late view - (Frank Rentons dog ate my modem lead) --- no
really - it did -- I don't like Songs for BL - I also don't like Salamander
or Cloudcatcher. I don't think that any of the pieces are rubbish or poorly
written. In fact I think parts of Cloudcatcher are immense and hugely
atmospheric - I just don't enjoy listening to it. The same applies to the
other 2 pieces both of which I have worked on - BL for the Nationals and
Salamander for the Open. I also spent a day listening to Salamander at the
European 2 years ago and thought the same. There is a big distinction
between saying something is c**p and that you don't like it.

I do rather object to some of the smug, superior posturing that a few list
members indulge in, adopting a self imposed position of superiority in terms
of their attitudes towards such pieces. I have a mental picture of them
sitting on Mount Olympus staring down at the riff raff stroking their beards
and shaking their heads in pitying disbelief.

The most satisfying thing is - I have heard most of them play. Hee hee hee.

Jeremy