Re: Mini Disc Recording - What Microphone?

I don't know much of the techical jargon, and I don't really care.
Anyway, I have been using a Sony Electret Stereo Condenser Microphone
(ECM-MS907) for some time now, and I'm very satisfied. It's very
sensitive for details and don't "collapse" when the band/orchestra plays
ff. It's works best at some distance from the source, and this means
that it's best suited for concerts with a good-mannered audiense, in the
sense that it records all the sniffs and coughs from the crowd. It's not
too expensive either.
I guess you can find more info at the Sony website.

Best, Stian Totland (editor onlinebrass.com)

onlinebrass.com (http://www.onlinebrass.com) , the place to start when
looking for brass related resources on the Internet.