Re: Contest Music by Wilfrid Heaton

You spotted the YPGtO reference as well. It's even got the fugue in it! I'm
seriously considering playing test piece bingo with Enigma. A bit like the
business meeting bingo but instead of crossing off buzz words when mentioned
you have a card with lots of pieces of music on it and cross them off when
you come across them in the piece. I've found 24 "quotes" from other
testpieces, orchestral works etc so far. Hours of fun!

Talking about testpieces and "quotes". Did everyone notice the rather big
"quote" (ie the whole of the first movement) of the championship Area test
piece 2 years ago (sorry name of composer and piece very forgettable).
Lutoslawski would have been turning in his grave (listen to his Concerto for
Orchestra first movement). Sorry if this was mentioned on list at the time.

Paul W