RE: To BL or not to BL

Big Chap Wrote:

When ah got home from t'pit t'other neet, ah went straight upstairs to
change out of me work boots into me clogs and cloth cap so that I could take
yon whippet out onto Ilkley Moor. Ah thought to mesen, ah can't wait for
t'weekend. Brighouse are on at t' Town Hall (young lad called Irwin on sop
for'em). Ah'm going with Ernie Arkwright from our band. Worst 3rd cornet
player in the North of England but he's a grand lad and 'e collects the subs
so we can't sack him. We're awnly going for the 2nd half 'cos they're
playing some of that new music in t' 1st half which we don't like much. Give
me a good March or 'Florrie Fords Favourites' anyday. Bit funny at times
tho' our Ernie, he reckons we'll go to war again. They said never again
after the last 'un. I believe Mr Chamberlain when he says we won't. Then all
of a sudden ah came over all funny, lahk. T' whippet turned into a doberman,
me clogs turned into Nike Trainers, me cloth cap into a baseball cap and the
cotton mill that ah can see from me bedroom window turned into an
Arts and Crafts Centre and Small Business Workshop. But strangest of all, on
the bedside table where ah keep me bible and copy of t' bandsman, this white
box appeared. It looked a bit like one of them televisions like Albie
Postlethwaite, off our shift, was talking abaht. And then a typewriter bit
appeared in front and some other funny bits. Then the television bit sparked
into life. On it were a sort of letter from a chap in Australia calling
himself Monkey. Sounds like 'e used to live over 'ere. 'As 'e done bad and
been sent over theer or summat? Ah read what 'e 'ad to say and thought to
mesen:
"Ah may just have travelled forward 80 odd years in time, fer reasons that
ah can't understand, but ah've obviously found a kindred spirit in this
Monkey chap. Now then, 'ow do I go about sending a letter back to 'im on
this here box?"

Superb! I laughed my b*****ks off at this one!! You should be script
writing!!

Well done to Monkey for generating some interesting posts - again!

Paul W