Re: Masters Test Pieces - Wilfred Heaton

And if memory serves me correctly, wasn't there also some revision to
incorporate the song "O the Blessed Lord" so it would qualify for SA publishing?

It is one of the truly great pieces of brass band music, technically very
demanding but totally creative and artistic. One of my regrets is that my band,
Hamilton Temple, was not up to playing it. Every so often I would bring it out
and we never got past the introduction. Just too much time would have been
necessary and then no guarantee that we could actually do it.

Dave Buckley.