Re: Sore Chops

Up to about a week ago I was practicing like mad and "me poor old gob"
gave out.
I had the worst dose of cold sores I've had in years.
But a trip to the doctor's office on Monday afternoon and a prescription
for Zovirax has fixed me up.
The stuff is unbelievable although you don't look too pretty with it
daubed on your mush.
This morning there is only a slight indication of a cold sore and I
think I could play although I will wait until tomorrow.
The Doc also gave me some antibiotic ointment containing polymyxin B
which he says will prevent any infections.
John McLoughlin's dissertation on sore chops has really helped me out
and I think he should recognized in some way.
I know St Cicelia is the patron saint of music but perhaps John should
be the patron saint of brass blowers!
Sort of a minor deity!
Thanks all and particularly you John,
BillW