Re: To BL or not to BL

Thanks Peter.  Yes its sad that a resort like Llandudno has abandoned band
concerts as they have a wonderful new theatre.   But apparently they did not
pay...even with Black Dyke or Faireys.   One aspect I cannot understand is
that even with these top bands one cannot learn the programme they are going
to play beforehand.  You never know until you've coughed up twenty quid or
so and bought a programme.  In comparison orchestras, ballets, etc.
publicise their programe on poster months in advance.   To be honest our
party did not really enjoy the Fairey concert (with Howard Snell) .
Although the band was, of course brilliant, we did not like the programme in
the main.   Even Dyke could not fill the theatre.   Yet....I wonder if they
had put on, say, an "Evening of Strauss" and advertised it for weeks...they
might have packed the place.   Sorry, but these days I don,t think the usual
type of concert packs in the crowds.   The theatre has things like "Mozart
By Candlelight" postered for many months in advance.   A Lesley Garrett
concert was booked up for months ahead.    Just a theory.  But if you saw
the New Year's Day Strauss concert on BBC from Vienna you would notice it
was beamed to millions in many parts of the world.  And personally I think
the Strauss music sounds wonderful played by a damn good band.
Now......and don't take the mickey......my favourite music is by Delius,
and at times when I feel like jumping in the Irish sea with my flugel (why
don't you some say !) I put on "The Walk to the Paradise Garden" .....fall
asleep....and eventually wake up and have another go.
Cheers and Best of Luck. David.