Musical In-Jokes/Allan Street.

Hi Sandy.  Re: Allan Street test piece.  He did tell me he had a lot of
trouble when completing "Nott,num Town".   In the last movement Goose Fair
when a pistol is fired and percussion uses whistles, etc. he included a few
bars of "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" and ran into copyright
problems.  He got over them by writing the notes in a sort of discord
fashion.  I'm not sure  if this is the piece referred to.  He visited us a
few times here in Wales when I organised some courses which many bandsmen
enjoyed and still recall after nearly 30 years.   At my home I once played
him an old Paxton record made in the 60s of his arrangment of "Rococo
Variations"..on a theme by Tchaikovsky recorded by Black Dyke.   it affected
him greatly listening to it.  I have.nt heard it for a long time....but I
think its a lovely piece of music. Best wishes to  Dalmellington band.
David.