Re: Band Associations

Peter,
I was involved in the Qld Brass band Association for 8 years.
Although I am not directly involved now, but still maintain a keen interest
occaisionally. The Queensland Brass Band Association is made up of member
bands. Only the bands can change the rules.Individual membership has not
been allowed for the protection of bands. Delegates from those bands who are
members meet generally once a month but recently 3 monthly meetings have
been more common.The executive can suggest rules but cannot alter rules
unless put to the bands for voting. Rules are determined and reviewed
constantly, and at many meetings generally  rules get changed because of a
lack of response from bands. If more bands took an interest in their
associations, rules can be changed if sufficient interest from the majority
deems nescessary.
As with the governing bodies of any associations, rules can only be
over-ruled by the delegates at a contest by special circumstances.
Paul Radford