RE: Mini Disc Recording - Recording to CD

The best way to get your Mini disc recording onto CD is to use a domestic CD
recorder (Philips, Marantz, Pioneer, Traxdat etc.) This way you can connect
digitally from a domestic minidisc player and get Cd digital copy. To copy
this ,you then need a PC cd writer, because of SCMS software that stops You
making a digital copy of a digital copy! Domestic CD-R can be had for 2oo
pounds now, and blanks are about a pound. For music, these are also slightly
better quality because of jitter corrections not used on PC recorders. A
domestic Minidisc can be bought for 130 pounds (not a portable) so a
complete recording solution has cost me about 750 pounds (Sony MZR55 for
initial recording, Audio Technica AT822 stereo mic, Philips CDR760, Sony
MDS520).
Hope this clears things up (a bit). Or has it made it worse?
Cheers ,
Andy Cattanach.